THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE AUTOMATIC LANE BARRIER (ALB) AT THE IIUM GOMBAK CAMPUS
Dear IIUM Community,
Assalamualaikum wrt wbt
May you be in the best of health by the grace of Allah S.W.T
2. Kindly be informed that the University Management Committee has decided to implement the ALB system at all entrances to the Gombak campus especially at the Main Entrance to enhance the security of the Campus and the IIUM Community.
3. The ALB system at Gate 2 and 3 has been operative since 4th February 2017.
3. OSeM has conducted Dry Run at the Main Entrance from 8-9th March 2018, and manage to identify the weaknesses of the system from the feedback received from the IIUM Community and guests entering the campus. The feedbacks enabled OSeM to identify the action plan to be put in place to ensure the successful implementation of the ALB system.
4. The University Management Committee has agreed to implement ALB at the Main Entrance with the following procedures:
4.1. MAIN ENTRANCE
i. The 3 sessions of Peak Hours are as follows:
Morning : 7.00 a.m. – 9.00 a.m.
Afternoon (Lunch time) : 12.30 p.m. – 2.30 p.m.
Afternoon (After Office Hours) : 4.00 p.m. – 7.00 p.m.
ii. All vehicles are allowed to use the Main Entrance during the Peak Hours (with the exception of heavy vehicles).
iii. Motorcyclists are required to use Gate 2 until 11.00 p.m. and Gate 3 until 12.00 midnight. After 12.00 midnight, motorcyclists are permitted to use the Main Entrance.
iv. All staff of IIUM are required to activate staff card and display RFID sticker at the left side screen of cars, in order to use the Main Entrance.
v. Express Visitor Pass will be introduced and issued at the Main Entrance for all visitors.
4.2. GATE 2 (near BMI)
i. Operating Hours: 7.00 a.m. – 11.00 p.m. (Every Day)
ii. Full implementation of the ALB system for all IIUM Community except during Peak Hours:
- Morning (GATE IN ONLY) : 7.00 a.m.– 9.00 a.m.
- Afternoon (After Office Hours) –
(GATE OUT ONLY) : 4.30 p.m. – 7.00 p.m.
iii. Visitors, Parents and Public (using UBER, GRAB and Taxi services) are allowed to use Gate 2 until 11.00 p.m.
iv. Visitor Pass/ Express Visitor Pass/ Taxi Pass will be issued at Gate 2.
4.3. GATE 3 (Near IIUM Graveyard)
i. Operating Hours: 7.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m (Every Day)
ii. Full implementation of ALB for all IIUM Community except during Peak
- Morning (GATE IN) :7.00 a.m. – 9.00 a.m.
- Afternoon (After Office Hours)
(GATE OUT) : 4.30 p.m. -7.00 p.m.
iii. This entrance is meant to be used by heavy vehicles, parents, visitors, motorcyclists, taxis, suppliers etc.
iv. Visitor Pass / Express Visitor Pass/Taxi Pass/ Worker Pass will be issued at Gate 3.
4. In relation to above implementation, all staff and eligible students using motorcars or motorcycles in campus are requested to activate their staff/student matric cards for the above-mentioned purposes.
5. Card activation (for staff and PG students with valid sticker only) can be done at the “OSeM’s - One Stop Centre” at the Office of Security Management during the office hours and after office hours. Please contact OSeM’s Operation Room before 10.00 p.m.
6. OSeM will be conducting the Dry Run for RFID Lane at the Main Entrance to test the smooth running of the system. During this period, your kind cooperation is much appreciated. Please activate and display the RFID sticker at the top left hand corner of your vehicle.
7. All staff are required to obtain the RFID stickers from OSeM. Staff can also purchase additional RFID stickers at RM15.00 per sticker from OSeM.
We welcome any feedback for improvement and thank for your kind attention and cooperation.
Office of Security Management (OSeM)
International Islamic University Malaysia